[SOLVED] How to connect the case RGB fans to the motherboard

Jan 13, 2020
I want to connect my case fans controller to the motherboard in order to be able to control the case fans RGB light using the Fusion 2.0 software.

My questions are:
  1. Is it possible on my case and motherboard?
  2. If it is possible, how to wire it?

Note: I tried to connect my Led I/O connector on the fan controller to the case fan cable and the Motherboard sync Connector output I connected to Addressable RGB Led header on the bottom of the motherboard (3 pin, but I don’t understand the different between the Addressable to the other connector)

Motherboard type: b450 Aorus elite gaming - https://www.gigabyte.com/il/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10#kf
Case type: Antec NX800 - https://antec.com/product/case/nx800.php
nx800-pdt03.png

ledimage.png

Solution
Why do you say I need to connect it to the 4 pin connector. the dedicated spot on the motherboard is 3 pins.

I think he means if you don't have that dedicated header. Many motherboards do not have that.

Okay, so if you have it all connected right and the fans are controllable from the case, my guess would be that Antec RGB hardware simply isn't compatible with Fusion 2.0 software.

Mr3dPHD

Prominent
Jan 6, 2020
It's possible your case fans are just not compatible with Fusion 2.0. I know this whole RBG thing is all about avoiding standards for some irritating reason.

Jan 13, 2020
If so, why the case has fans connector with motherboard sync port?
I can understand if it is not supported with Fusion 2.0 and works only with other RGB software control.

Jan 9, 2020
I’m not sure about the software but to wire it you need an adapter that accepts the 3 wires and splits them into one 4 pin connector to connect into the fan header of your motherboard then you just connect the rgb to the led header

Jan 13, 2020
I’m not sure about the software but to wire it you need an adapter that accepts the 3 wires and splits them into one 4 pin connector to connect into the fan header of your motherboard then you just connect the rgb to the led header
Why do you say I need to connect it to the 4 pin connector. the dedicated spot on the motherboard is 3 pins.

Mr3dPHD

Prominent
Jan 6, 2020

I think he means if you don't have that dedicated header. Many motherboards do not have that.

Okay, so if you have it all connected right and the fans are controllable from the case, my guess would be that Antec RGB hardware simply isn't compatible with Fusion 2.0 software.

Solution
Jan 9, 2020
Yeah that’s exactly what I meant it sounded like you didn’t have a header to plug into, if you have 3 fans you’ll have 3 plugs that need to be plugged into headers, do you have 3 separate fan headers? if so check if they reach, if not you will need an adapter

Jan 9, 2020
As far as the software goes I’m not sure, if your plugged into the led header everything is setup correctly but that motherboard doesn’t seem to support much rgb lighting. I would try different apps and see if they work there are a lot of them out there

Reactions: Mr3dPHD