[SOLVED] How to connect the Front Panel Connectors correctly?

BackY

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
Hey guys,

My friend got a new pc, but no matter what we're trying, we can't make the front connectors work (so we're able to turn the PC on).
I'll share some pictures of the actual motherboard, the manual, and the cables that he has available. We tried following the Mobos instruction (the table drawn on the mobo itself), the mobo's manual, but nothing.

Motherboard name: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H DDR3

Here's a picture of the MoBo itself, the manual's instruction, and the actual cables that we have available. Any ideas? :/

AEhAWFd.png

We only want to be able to turn the PC on, the rest we'll figure out. Any ideas?

Hey guys,

My friend got a new pc, but no matter what we're trying, we can't make the front connectors work (so we're able to turn the PC on).
I'll share some pictures of the actual motherboard, the manual, and the cables that he has available. We tried following the Mobos instruction (the table drawn on the mobo itself), the mobo's manual, but nothing.

Motherboard name: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H DDR3

Here's a picture of the MoBo itself, the manual's instruction, and the actual cables that we have available. Any ideas? :/

AEhAWFd.png

We only want to be able to turn the PC on, the rest we'll figure out. Any ideas?
I'm going to say the 'M/B SW' connector is the power switch...connect that to the 'PW+, PW-' pins, the black wire to the 'PW-' although it probably doesn't matter. That should power on the system. If it doesn't try shorting the 'PW+, PW-' pins momentarily with a screwdriver to turn it on. If that doesn't work double-check motherboard 24 pin connector mating. If that's OK try the 'paper clip test' with your PSU to see if it works.

The 'RESET SW' connector black wire goes to 'RES-', white wire to 'RES+' pins.
The 'HDD LED' connector goes to 'HD+, HD-' pins and your guess is as good as mine...you may have to swap them if the LED doesn't light with drive activity.

The 'POWER LED+' connector goes to the 'PWR_LED+' pin and
The glared-out '-' inside a circle connector probably to either of the 'PWR_LED-' pins.

Last edited:

BackY

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2014
Update: we now tried touching the PWR + and - pins, to try and start the PC without the pins, but nothing happens. We removed the GPU and RAMs, to make sure they're not causing the problem, but still nothing :/

We also made sure the 24 pins made a click sound when inserting it in the mobo. :/

Any ideas what to troubleshoot next?

Update: we now tried touching the PWR + and - pins, to try and start the PC without the pins, but nothing happens. We removed the GPU and RAMs, to make sure they're not causing the problem, but still nothing :/

We also made sure the 24 pins made a click sound when inserting it in the mobo. :/

Any ideas what to troubleshoot next?
Paper clip test the PSU.

Solution