Question How to connect to hue 2

Dhruvsharma051999

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
Ok guys, so I messed up, I got some Chinese knock off case called chiptronex ( model is raptor rgb) and I purchased the NZXT hue 2 now I can’t connect those 4 fans that came with the case as they are 6 pins ( ikr -.-) so is there any way of connecting those fans to the hue or a cable to convert them to 4 pins so I can connect them ??

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
ohok, thanks , I guess I’ll have to dump these Chinese fans and get the aer ones 😂, man they are expensive though ☹
Well, full software control with 8x addressable LEDs per fan and very good fan performance doesn't come cheap. I know this 1st hand since in my Skylake and Haswell builds (full specs with pics in my sig) i have the HUE+, 3x AER140 RGB fans and 2x LED strips in use.

For your HUE 2, while you can use AER RGB fans, go for AER 2 RGB fans since with those, you can add different HUE 2 accessories to the same channel. AER RGB fans doesn't support that feature and can be used with only AER RGB fans on that channel. Otherwise, both fans are identical (by eyecandy and performance),
AER RGB, specs: https://www.nzxt.com/products/aer-rgb
AER 2 RGB, specs: https://www.nzxt.com/products/aer-rgb-2

Dhruvsharma051999

Prominent
Jul 21, 2017
Okay cool thanks, I think I’ll wait and maybe use that money to upgrade to a better component , I still haven’t built my PC yet and I’m already spending the money on something that is just for show off or ‘rgb world’, can you tell me if my PC is good enough

Ryzen 7 1700
B450 pro carbon Msi
8x2 3000mhz trident z
Rx 580(already purchased)
256gb Samsung evo ssd
1TB barracuda
(Yep I’m on a budget)

Should I change anything ?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
PSU make and model is?

Also, which Samsung SSD are you going with?
Since there are no Evo series SSDs at 256GB. Evo series is either 250GB or 500GB. In Pro series, there are 256GB drives though.

And lastly, i'd switch out the 1TB HDD from Seagate to Western Digital since WD dives have better reliability. Another notch up in reliability would be Toshiba drive while HGST (Hitachi) drives are the most reliable ones out there.

Oh, is the G.Skill RAM non-LED or the more expensive RGB RAM?

Other than that, you're looking high/ultra settings @ 1080p with 60+ FPS gaming wise.