How to connect to internet using wifi from mobile phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacobjonz

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
Hi all,
am a total newbie to wifi.
I am able to connect to a wifi network. Now, when i open the default browser of my phone. it doesnt connect to internet.
What should i do?

is there any specific settings i should make for the net access to be made through wifi?

i dont know the server name or any of the settings as the wifi network am connecting is a public one.

G

If your mobile phone is a top of the range model it will have wifi connectability in addition to 3G (or similar) cellular network broadband.

The wifi is intended to connect to strictly local area networks -- such as wifi hotspots in cafes or your home wireless router's internet connection. To use hotspots you may have to pay or perhaps get the staff to guide you on settings.

You may be able to detect other people's private wifi signals but, these days, most apply wireless security and unless you have the password you won't be able to connect.

jacobjonz

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2009
thanx for that.
my phone has wifi and actually, i got connected to a wifi network.
my problem is that i dont know what to do next to get internet access thru that wifi network.

Pompilio

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2009

Hi. Did you manage to solve the problem?
I have the exact same problem with my home Wi-Fi. I can access internet at my work Wi-Fi, but I can not do it at home. Besides having different routers at work and at home (as far as I know their configurations are the same), at home I'm using Windows 7 and at work XP Pro. And I have an Xperia X1 with Windows Mobile 6.1. which connects to the router, and get an IP from the DHCP, but no access at all to the internet.
If you solved the internet access problem, please let me know.
Best regards,
Raul Palacios
raul@multitel.com.uy

G

Private Wifi is free...it only costs if you are connecting to certain Public wifi services and you will have to enter your credit card details or other payment form so you will certainly know if you are paying.

G

You are unlikely to get a response to such an old thread. Put up your own post and explain your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS