How to connect to Remote Desktop through LTE?

thirdeye22

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
Hello all,

I have Microsoft RD Client installed on my iPhone 8 Plus and it works wonderfully when I’m on my home network, but I can’t seem to find a clear answer online on how to access my desktop from my phone while away from home on LTE Data plan. I’ve tried connecting both to PIA VPN but still doesn’t work. Looking for a ‘step-by-step’ if possible.

Thanks!

Solution
Either a client to site VPN tunnel on your phone, or opening your RDP port on your firewall so anyone in the world can potentially access it.
You might be better off not using Microsoft RDP but another application like teamviewer or screen connect.
Either a client to site VPN tunnel on your phone, or opening your RDP port on your firewall so anyone in the world can potentially access it.
You might be better off not using Microsoft RDP but another application like teamviewer or screen connect.

Solution
Chrome Remote Desktop works pretty well on mobile. You don't need a VPN or any port forwarding with that. A 3rd party is making the connection. If either pc is connected to a vpn like pia it will still work.

When you connect to PIA you can't talk to other clients locally. 1000s of people would have access to your LAN if that's how it worked.

RDP is the king for LAN connections, but since OP is using outside LTE TeamViewer or another application or RDP with a VPN would be the best.