May 15, 2020
Hello, everyone. This is not so much a How to but it's where its best placed among the thread types.

TL;DR at the bottom.

So I have a PC with Windows 10 Pro (64bit) and a GTX 970 card, and recently got a LG smart TV. After that I bought a HDMI cable to connect them, and to my surprise, the graphics card only has 1 HDMI port, which is obviously being used by the monitor, so what I did was get an HDMI to Display Port adapter to connect it to the DP of the graphics card....but it didn't work.

I searched and searched and got no solution. I believe the GTX 970's DP doesn't work, or at least not with that type of connection (HDMI to DP), or at the very least, not mine specifically.

So after some more research I got some workaround solution to this. Use the DP on my MOBO.

"HOW TO":
So you go to the BIOS, then to settings, look for integrated graphics option, most likely it will be disabled, so activate it, then save and restart.

After restarting the PC if the driver of the integrated graphics is not automatically updated, then go to Device Manager, there should be a new item with a "?" and if you expand it there should be a display option with a yellow "!", double click on it and select update driver then choose to search for an update using internet (first option). After the download and installation process it's complete, you should see image signal in your TV.

Hope this helps someone, as it was a super pain to come about this trouble that shouldn't even be happening.
Special thanks if you read everything 💕

TL;DR: for some reason GTX 970 DP doesn't work, so activate the integrated graphics of your card through your BIOS, update its driver and use your MOBOS DP.

Solution
Not all systems will allow you to enable the on-board graphics if a discrete graphics card is installed. You probably just need an actual DP to HDMI cable (no adapter) unless your DP on the graphics card has actually failed.

Of course, it also depends on what you intend to use the HDTV Display for. If it's just for watching movies of having a side display for web browsing and such, the the on-board graphics (if available) is more than enough. Otherwise, you probably should try to resolve the issue with your graphic card's DP.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Not all systems will allow you to enable the on-board graphics if a discrete graphics card is installed. You probably just need an actual DP to HDMI cable (no adapter) unless your DP on the graphics card has actually failed.

Of course, it also depends on what you intend to use the HDTV Display for. If it's just for watching movies of having a side display for web browsing and such, the the on-board graphics (if available) is more than enough. Otherwise, you probably should try to resolve the issue with your graphic card's DP.

-Wolf sends

Solution
May 15, 2020

-Wolf sends
Yeah, that could be an issue as well, though I don't think I can find that type of cable where I live. I also intend to use the tv for casual gaming, specially couch multiplayer gaming, but I don't think it will be an issue with that department. I will try the cable solution and see if that works.
Thanks for your insight.