Question how to connect working computer with not working one?

Aug 3, 2024
hi all. suddently my win 11 laptop got stuck to the point i was not even able to summon task manager or start menu. so i force shut down it. now combuter wont get pass bios. I dont have anything there which i wont be able to recover from other devices so decided to recover windows there. but i got with another problem. my only USB i have for last 10 years only 7,2 gb. not enough storage to create winos recovery usb. so can i connect it to my working pc to fix the not botting laptop? somehow cannot find good youtube tutorial about it.

Reactions: Lili_ana59

USAFRet

Titan
hi all. suddently my win 11 laptop got stuck to the point i was not even able to summon task manager or start menu. so i force shut down it. now combuter wont get pass bios. I dont have anything there which i wont be able to recover from other devices so decided to recover windows there. but i got with another problem. my only USB i have for last 10 years only 7,2 gb. not enough storage to create winos recovery usb. so can i connect it to my working pc to fix the not botting laptop? somehow cannot find good youtube tutorial about it.
1. Your USB is large enough for a Win 11 install

2. No, you can't connect the two system together.

Aug 6, 2024
Hello @kuprenx :blush:

You can surely repair your non-booting laptop with your working PC. Here is what you can do.

Download the Windows 11 installation media from Microsoft's website on to your functional PC. To generate a bootable USB, use services such as Rufus. Because your USB is only 7.2 GB, consider using Rufus' Remove unnecessary files option or installing Windows with a basic installation. Insert the bootable USB into your laptop, then boot from it by pressing the relevant key and follows the directions to reinstall