How to: connecting PSU to Motherboard

Harris69

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016
Hi I am about to build my first PC for my son as a Christmas Gift, but am still very much a novice when it comes to matching up all the correct parts. This question maybe the dumbest ever but I thought I should ask anyway, assuming I purchase a quality Power Supply, will any model have the right connectors to fit an ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Motherboard?

Solution
Yes, an ATX power supply will have the proper universal cable to connect to any modern motherboard. There are some good YouTube videos you can watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4DcZMqOJMg

When you connect the power supply to the motherboard, there are at least two separate cables, the big 20/24 pin motherboard cable and a smaller one marked CPU. You must hook up both.
almost every yes.

anyways, you said yourself you want to build a pc for your son.
and from the motherboard only i can tell you its a bad quality/peformance purchase.

with money in mind take a lookf if you can find these parts at your stores.

cpu: intel core i3 6100
mobo: (ASUS/GIGABYTE/MSI/ASROCK)H110-A motherboard
ram: ddr4 2133/2400 mhz 2x4 gb
hdd: western digital 1tb/ seagate barracuda 1tb OR 250gb samsung evo ssd and let your son save up money for a hdd alter (its plug and paly)
250gb is plenty for a handfull triple a games and its so much faster.

gpu: nvidia 1050 ti or rx 460.
case: mid atx or micro atx

psu: seasonic s12ii / xfx ts/ corsair cxm /superflower golden green/ antec high current gamer. (best is 500-550w, but at least 430w+)

Agree with this.

Best to build up an intel PC based PC. Maybe let us know your budget?

Harris69

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016

The budget is limited to honest as I am trying to keep it to around £500, I know it's low for a gaming PC but he's mainly into Minecraft at the moment

Harris69

Commendable
Oct 21, 2016

Many thanks for the advice, much appreciated

TRENDING THREADS