Question How to control android phone with non-responsive screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2020
Hi, guys !
I dropped my phone and it's screen is broken and not responding to touch. I ran into an issue with my university and I have some documents in my Whatsapp that I want to retrieve. I tried everything to get those files with my new phone but failed.
I wanted to know if there's a way to get those files.

I searched a lot of stuff online like using an On The Go mouse with the USB cable and stuff like that.

I can't find On The Go cable for the mouse here in my city.

Is there any alternative to this ?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi, guys !
I dropped my phone and it's screen is broken and not responding to touch. I ran into an issue with my university and I have some documents in my Whatsapp that I want to retrieve. I tried everything to get those files with my new phone but failed.
I wanted to know if there's a way to get those files.

I searched a lot of stuff online like using an On The Go mouse with the USB cable and stuff like that.

I can't find On The Go cable for the mouse here in my city.

Is there any alternative to this ?

Thanks in advance!!!
You don't need an "on the go" branded cable (it's just marketing) just a normal adaptor cable from whatever USB port you have (usually b-micro) on your phone to a FEMALE normal size usb,then use a usb splitter or a USB to double PS/2 connector to connect both a keyboard and a mouse.
Any somewhat decently equipped electronics or smartphone store should have them.
Maybe you should state your city for the off chance that someone living there knows a place and tells you?

Apr 22, 2020
You don't need an "on the go" branded cable (it's just marketing) just a normal adaptor cable from whatever USB port you have (usually b-micro) on your phone to a FEMALE normal size usb,then use a usb splitter or a USB to double PS/2 connector to connect both a keyboard and a mouse.
Any somewhat decently equipped electronics or smartphone store should have them.
Maybe you should state your city for the off chance that someone living there knows a place and tells you?

The thing is, electronics shops are closed here as well as others. If shops were open, I never would've come here.
I do have USB cable from adapter.
Is there a way where I connect my phone with my PC and use Command Prompt or something like that ?

Also, I forgot to mention my phone is running on Android 4 just in case.

Apr 22, 2020
I have a phone that doesnt support OTG, has a non-responsive screen (touch is not working) and most probably has USB debugging disabled.

Is there a way to get data out of that phone ?

I tired connecting to my laptop and it simply won't connect.

Is the only option left is repair the screen ?

Status
Not open for further replies.