How to control case fan speed

Aug 3, 2018
I have two 120mm fans on one fan header using a y splitter on my motherboard, the header does not show/give option to change its speed in bios but it does show its rpm in bios? I want to control the fan speed to make my computer a bit more quiet.

My components:

• Mother board- ASROCK B450M-HDV
    Fans- 2x 120mm Fractal define C mini pre installed case fans.
    Y splitter- 3pin y cables Noctua (na-syc2)
    Fan header- CHA_FAN2
    CPU- RYZEN 5 2600

Solution

According to asrock site, your MB has other cha_fan header, which is 4-pin Chassis/Water Pump Fan Connector, with Smart Fan Speed control too. Even your Y splitter is 3-pin, I think it will work.

By the way, I don't know you pay attention to the Fan_header specification...

According to asrock site, your MB has other cha_fan header, which is 4-pin Chassis/Water Pump Fan Connector, with Smart Fan Speed control too. Even your Y splitter is 3-pin, I think it will work.

By the way, I don't know you pay attention to the Fan_header specification or not, for the one you used, it can only support up to 1Amp or 12W, and other one can support up to 2Amp (24W), that why I recommend you use the other one, in case two fans will overload the fan_header, also you can control the fans speed too, and usually two fans will not, only few fans can, if they are, they will kill the fan_header.

Solution
Aug 3, 2018

Thankyou so much! this is my first ever pc build and im still trying to get used to everything, and didnt realise i could use a 3pin on a 4pin. I have since took your advice and changed the settings to silence, and its much quieter now! really appreciated.