Question how to control cpu fan speed

Sep 22, 2019
I bought a cooler with 3 pins and my mobo has 4 pins... if i use 3pin to 4pin adapter , would i be able to control the fan speed???

Sep 22, 2019
This post here will help you but in a nutshell you should be able to dependant on the motherboard as it should also have a DC control method. What model and make of motherboard do you have?

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/is-there-a-way-to-control-3-pin-fans.2905718/
This post here will help you but in a nutshell you should be able to dependant on the motherboard as it should also have a DC control method. What model and make of motherboard do you have?

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/is-there-a-way-to-control-3-pin-fans.2905718/
I have asrrock h310m-hdv/m.2 mobo

Ok I have had a look at your motherboard manual and you have 2 fan ports. 1 called CPU_FAN1 and one called CHA_FAN1/WP.

They both seem to be DC and PWM so you should have no problems controlling your 3 pin fans.

This motherboard provides a 4-Pin CPU fan (Quiet Fan) connector. If you plan to connect a 3-Pin CPU fan, please connect it to Pin 1-3.

If you go to section 4.8 of the manual - 4.8 'Hardware Health Event Monitoring Screen', you will see how to control your fans through the BIOS via:

Fan Tuning
Fan-Tastic Tuning

Reactions: Zubayer
Sep 22, 2019
Ok I have had a look at your motherboard manual and you have 2 fan ports. 1 called CPU_FAN1 and one called CHA_FAN1/WP.

They both seem to be DC and PWM so you should have no problems controlling your 3 pin fans.

This motherboard provides a 4-Pin CPU fan (Quiet Fan) connector. If you plan to connect a 3-Pin CPU fan, please connect it to Pin 1-3.

If you go to section 4.8 of the manual - 4.8 'Hardware Health Event Monitoring Screen', you will see how to control your fans through the BIOS via:

Fan Tuning
Fan-Tastic Tuning
i alrdy conncter

Fan Tuning
Fan-Tastic Tuning
Thank you man