Question How to control my fan speed with my new CyberPower PC

May 25, 2020
Hi All,

Need a little help. So last week my new PC from CyberPower systems was deliviered (specs below) and me being stupid I haven't ordered it with the Corsair Commander Pro (which I believe lets you control the fan speed). Instead all my fans are connected to a Corsair Lightning Node / Lightning Node Pro and the cases in-built RGB hub. I've got 9 SP120's in total and because I have nothing to control the fan speed (including the bios because they're connected to the corsair controllers) they run at max constantly and are quite loud.

Presumably I need to replace the Lightning Node Core / Pro with a Commander Pro. My machine has a seperate "Tidy Cable" area so I was hoping there was some way to just pick a Commander Pro up and connect both the Lighting Node Core and Lightning Node pro to it or perhaps unplug one of these and use the cables for the Commander Pro. My problem is looking at the placement of the Lightning Node Core, I'd literally have to take off my motherboard to completely remove it meaning it was pretty pointless me buying a machine from CyberPower as I`ll make a right mess of putting it back together haha so I'm hoping theres a little bit of a bodge job here.

Any help would be super appreciated!

Thanks,
Mark

Code: INFX88GTXZ £1,405.00 x 1 £1,405.00
Infinity X88 GTX Gaming PC (NO MONITOR)
https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/Infinity-X88-GTX-Gaming-PC

*BASE_PRICE: [+1138]
BLUETOOTH: None Selected
CAS: Corsair Crystal Series(R) 680X RGB High Airflow Tempered Glass Mid-Tower (inc x3 LL120 fans) [+112] (White Colour)
CD: None Selected
CLOUD: None Selected
COOL: None Selected
COOL2: None Selected
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i5-9600K - 6-Core 3.70GHz, 4.60GHz Turbo - 9MB Cache + UHD Graphics, Ultimate OC Compatible [-109]
CS_FAN: 6x Corsair SP120 Addressable RGB Fan Kit [+50]
EXCD: None Selected
EXPAN: Built-in USB Ports
FAN: Cooler Master Masterliquid Lite 240 Liquid Cooling System w/ 240mm Radiator, Extreme OC Compatible (2x Addressable Dual Light Loop RGB Fans, Extreme OC Compatible [+9])
FLASHMEDIA: None Selected
FREEBIE_CU1: Intel Galactic Gaming Bundle (Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Orders) [+0]
FREEBIE_SSD: None Selected
HD_M2PCIE: None Selected
HDD: 2TB Seagate BarraCuda SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM Hard Drive (1 Drive)
INTERBROWSER1: Microsoft Edge Internet Browser (default with Windows 10) [+0]
KEYBOARD: None Selected
M2SSD: 512GB (1x512GB) ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD - 3500MB/s Read & 3000MB/s Write [+25] (Single Drive)
M2SSD2: None Selected
MEMORY: 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3200mhz Dual Channel Memory [+26] (Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB w/Heat Spreader)
MONITOR: None Selected
MOTHERBOARD: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon: ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, SATA3, 2x M.2 [+61]
MOUSE: None Selected
NETWORK: ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT -- As standard on all PCs
OS: Windows 10 Home (64-bit Edition) Perfect for most people with all the core features of Windows 10 including: automatic updates, Cortana and DirectX 12 graphics support (No Recovery Media)
OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Overclock up to 20%)
PCABLE: None Selected
POWERSUPPLY: Corsair RM850x 850W 80+ Gold Modular Gaming Power Supply [+70]
PRO_WIRING1: Arctic MX-4 - Enthusiast Performance Thermal Paste (4g) [+9]
PRO_WIRING2: Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chasis - Minimize Cable Exposure, Maximize Airflow in Your System [+19]
RAID: None Selected
RUSH: Standard Processing Time
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO
SPEAKERS: None Selected
SSD: None Selected
STREAMERGEAR: None Selected
USB1: Built-in USB Ports [+0]
VIDEO: GeForce(R) RTX 2060 Super 8GB - Ray Tracing Technology, DX12(R), VR Ready, HDMI, DP - 4 Monitor Support (Single Card)
VIDEOCAPTURE: None Selected
VIVE_HEADSET: None Selected
WARRANTY: DESKTOP STANDARD WARRANTY: 3 Year Labour, 2 Year Parts, 6 Month Collect and Return plus Life-Time Technical Support
WNC: None Selected [-5]
XWNA: None Selected

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS