How to convert 64 bit into 32 bit os?

bhagyashree olokar

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
Hello,
Ihad purchased a laptop of hp pavilion g6 with windows7.but problem is that java software woudnt work.i consult to purcheser they told me to change my 64 bit into 32 bit os to run java and other softwares.so guide me properly.

kniped

Honorable
May 15, 2012

Java should work fine on Windows 7 64-bit. You need to download and install the 64-bit version. Whomever told you to change your OS clearly has no idea what he/she is talking about.

Whoever told you that has no idea what he/she is talking about.

ashmonke

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
If your application is indeed 32-bit you will probably need the 32-bit java runtime--even though your operating system is actually 64-bits.

A couple of the 32-bit applications I use requires the 32-bit Java runtime to function properly on my 64-bit Windows 7 machine. If I only install the 64-bit java runtime, these 32-bit applications do not detect java is installed and will not run.

I'm not sure if this a common issue though as the applications I'm referring to are all part of a suite of tools from the same vendor.

thbrett

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009
I have seen on some system that needs to have the 32-Bit and 64-Bit of Java installed not sure why but without both the computer has problems with some software. Myself I would not downgrade to 32-Bit Windows 7 however if you want to yes you would need to wipe the system and do a clean install of 32-Bit of Windows 7 but you have to own it otherwise you would need to buy it. What software are you using? Maybe someone may have a work around for your problem or how about using the program in XP Mode?

TRENDING THREADS