How to convert Home System Speakers to Computer Speakers

geri710

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
Hey guys.
I've been trying to upgrade my computer speakers(Logitech S-150) because the sound is very weak. But since I have a Speaker System(Sharp CP-CP1500) sitting on my living room if there is any possible way that I could only use the speakers on my computer because I am on a tight budget and those speakers have high quality sound.
Here are some pictures of the Speakers.
71Fuvn.jpg

zWv6Jz.jpg

pxdQxx.jpg

Solution
So the PC outputs through the audio output. Just like it does with your current Logitechs.
But instead of going directly to the speakers, it goes to that Sharp receiver.

On the Sharp, select AUX for the audio source.
Done.

geri710

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
I know that. The speakers are 200W I think plus they have only simple cords as you can see in the picture. So I need a guide on how to convert the cords into a 3.5mm jack or a usb and what amplifier do I need.

USAFRet

Titan

You don't convert the speaker wires into 3.5mm.
You connect the speakers to whatever amp you get, and you connect the amp to the PC audio outputs.

Do you still have the Sharp amp that came with those speakers?

USAFRet

Titan

Right.
So then you do an output from the PC audio, into that Sharp stereo.
LINE IN on the stereo.

USAFRet

Titan

So...
A 3.5mm to RCA cable.
From the output on the back of the PC. Probably the Green port.
On the back of the stereo, the RCA jacks go into that AUX In.
Red/white

A cable like this:
XKvZNQ1.jpg

$3 at Walmart or Amazon.

USAFRet

Titan
So the PC outputs through the audio output. Just like it does with your current Logitechs.
But instead of going directly to the speakers, it goes to that Sharp receiver.

On the Sharp, select AUX for the audio source.
Done.

Solution
No. Why would buy an amp, you already have one, and I don't even think you really know what it does. Speakers need power to make sound, bigger the speaker, like those, the more power it need. Your PC can't do it. That amp is made perfectly for it. Another amp wouldn't even work right because of the weird way those speakers work with the unpowered sub's built on them.

You say you're on a budget and can't afford anything, you got it working for free with a wire you had lying around, and you're not happy and want to spend money that you don't have, I don't get it.

geri710

Honorable
Jan 22, 2017
Hahahaha. I know what an amplifier does. My current speakers are attached to a subwoofer and every time i turn the volume too 100% the speakers turn off. Probably an amplifier wouldnt be as expensive as a new speakers. It's a pain in the ass to turn up the Stereo every time I want to use the speakers. It would be more practical if they were connected to an amplifier.

USAFRet

Titan

No.
What you currently have works perfectly. Or at least as good as it will get.

To drive anything larger than headphones or earbuds, something must be plugged into the wall.
Either your previous Logitechs, or this Sharp amp.

You cannot drive those speakers directly from the PC audio output. Will not work. Ever.

USAFRet

Titan

The Sharp 'stereo' you have is an amplifier.

So leave the Sharp at 60% volume (or whatever setting), and control the actual sound from the PC.