How to convert Seagate hard drive back from HP

GraphicFunn

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
I have an internal Seagate hard drive that has been converted to an HP hard drive. There is an HP sticker on it and Seagate clone software will not recognize it as the Seagate HD. Is there any way to convert it back to a Seagate drive?

Not sure what you mean here, how did you "convert" this drive to an HP hard drive? Need some details about what was done. Did you flash the firmware on it? If you want to clone a drive, you can use many different utilities, I like Macrium Reflect.

Or is this simply a drive form an HP computer that was made by Seagate and just had an HP part number on it?

GraphicFunn

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

GraphicFunn

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
The drives are probably out of a HP computer though I bought them separately. Apparently when Seagate makes them for HP they put HP firmware on them so that the Seagate clone software will not recognize that its a Seagate drive. I am assuming nothing can be done but with all the answers to problems I see on here I was hoping. Perhaps it would be as easy as using HP drive cloning software if there is any?

Did you read the rest of my post where I said you can try another software like Macrium Reflect? You don't need to use a drive specific cloning software.

GraphicFunn

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try a different cloning software. That will take care of the problem.

"Did you read the rest of my post where I said you can try another software like Macrium Reflect? You don't need to use a drive specific cloning software.["