[SOLVED] How to copy data from a unreadable flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello,

do you know where I could go with unreadable flash drive to have my data recovered?
nothing I have found online worked, it does show anything on the screen
I'm willing to pay for, coz there's valuable data on there

Solution
MS-DOS is not a format, you meant to say FAT or FAT32, those were the file systems used by MS-DOS. If the USB drive is formatted for OS X, it is likely in the HFS+ file system and can be repaired as roagie suggested.

If the Mac Disk Utility can't see the filesystem, that could indicate a NTFS device, but a quick check on a PC can confirm that.

If tvice can't be recognized by either a Mac or a PC, the device is likely defective.

crapfacednoob

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Basically there are drive formats and stuff.
NTFS which works for windows = test by plugging into a windows comp
MS-DOS = which works for both mac and windows
and then theres another one but i can't remember but it only works for mac.
just try plugging it in to a windows comp and a mac and see if anything shows up

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MS-DOS is not a format, you meant to say FAT or FAT32, those were the file systems used by MS-DOS. If the USB drive is formatted for OS X, it is likely in the HFS+ file system and can be repaired as roagie suggested.

If the Mac Disk Utility can't see the filesystem, that could indicate a NTFS device, but a quick check on a PC can confirm that.

If tvice can't be recognized by either a Mac or a PC, the device is likely defective.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS