Question how to copy m.2 driver to cloned drive

Feb 8, 2021
I puchased a new SP 1TB m.2 PCIe Gen 3 SSD to replace my smaller m.2 SSD in my laptop (HP Pavilion 15-eh0082AU).
I cloned the current SSD to a image on an external HD using macrium reflect.
Next I Swapped the SSD's in the laptop and restored the image to the new SSD. Unplugged the external drive and turned on the laptop.
I got a blue screen with the error inaccessible boot device.
After reading through some other posts online, i tried the system restore trick, didn't work. Others mentioned to install the new ssd driver onto the older ssd. I tried this, but doesn't work coz the newer ssd could not be detected. as i cannot plug both ssd in at the same time.

So is there a way to copy the files into a windows before i clone, so that windows can find the driver when its booting up?

Feb 8, 2021
In the original OS, i tried to install the driver, says cannot detect the device. I cannot plug the new ssd in as well as the old. Do i need to buy some sort of usb tom.2 adapter ?

USAFRet

Titan
I'll give the fresh install of windows a try first. As have cloned image for backup if anything goes wrong.

Feb 8, 2021
Ran into problem, after first reboot Windows can't find the SSD anymore. Nor can the bios. And tried another fresh install. no drive this time

Last edited: