How to copy windows 7 solitaire to windows xp

rjcaldwell

Honorable
May 13, 2012
I like the windows touch sensitive version of solitaire better than the drag and drop version from xp. How can I get windows 7 solitaire on my xp machine?

Solution
As a rule of thumb software made for a future OS as in more recent then a past os can not be ported back wards. I believe there is a way to use touch with windows xp but im sure this is a special thing and am almost 100% sure you can not do what you are asking. But look around there are litterly THOUSANDS of solitaire games even some ones you can play in a chrome browser that are awesome.

illfindu

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009
As a rule of thumb software made for a future OS as in more recent then a past os can not be ported back wards. I believe there is a way to use touch with windows xp but im sure this is a special thing and am almost 100% sure you can not do what you are asking. But look around there are litterly THOUSANDS of solitaire games even some ones you can play in a chrome browser that are awesome.

Solution

rjcaldwell

Honorable
May 13, 2012

I totally understand about going backwards from one OS to another.
Maybe, rather than trying to go backwards with a game of Solitaire, I just need a new version of Solitaire to use on my XP laptop. I recently underwent hand surgery on both hands and currently have only one hand to play solitaire. That is why the traditional "click, drag, and drop" version is difficult for me. On a Windows 7 netbook (currently on loan to my daughter) the standard version of Windows 7 Solitaire can be played one-handed by touching and tapping one card then touthing and tapping a different pile. The selected card magically moves from one pile to another using just one finger.
Can anyone suggest a Solitaire game (hopefully low-cost) that will perform as requested?