How to correctly remove or unistall a secondary storage device

Plasma Deoxys

Reputable
Apr 2, 2015
Im having problem with my secondary hard drive and I have contacted the warranty support and I must mail them the hard drive but how do I remove this hard drive? I installed it but I have heard that removing a secondary hard drive could cause errors in windows, so I want to know what procedure I must do before removing the hard drive like uninstalling the volume idk. I already know how to take it out from the pc chasis since I built the pc. I really want to know what I should do in windows before removing the hard drive...

easiest is to reinstall the programs... if you have multiple partitions on the primary disk copy everything program files related to that (e to d for example) and from disk management switch the previous disk partition (e) for example to that partition )such that you have just c and e). there's a button for assign disk drive letter.

if you have a new secondary disk already copy to that the partition and same way change the disk drive letters from (control panel - > administrative tools -> computer management)

TRENDING THREADS