Question How to create an image from Win7 OS partition and install it in Win 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2019
Hello. I need to create an image from Win7 OS partition with current applications and software to install it in another PC with Win10 in order to have dual boot. Both computers have the same motherboard. What can I do? Thank you.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Think he wants to use win 7 and 10 in dual boot.

Swapping the install to another PC is going to be a problem.

• licence tied to current PC
  • New PC may not have exact same parts and win 7 may just not work on it.
  • Assuming last 2 things worked, adding the win 7 install to the win 10 boot loader might be fun too.

Reactions: rgd1101
Apr 5, 2019
I don't want to upgrade win 7 to win 10. I just want to have both OS in my computer but I want to install a win 7 clone from another PC in a partition of my win 10 computer. I have a single disk with 2 partitions, one for win10 and another for win7.

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you show us a screenshot of disk management in new PC?
upload it to an image sharing web site and show link here.

Need to see how new hdd is formatted 1st.
you might need to install win 7 and then put 10 on 2nd partition again, so that win 10 adds itself to boot loader of win 7. Doing it other way is just a pain.

this still doesn't resolve the 1st two problems. Is win 7 a retail licence?

Apr 5, 2019
WTF...I don't want to format my win10. I don't have a new hdd, it's just a hdd with GPT partitions and win10 installed. 3 partition were created: one for win 10 (already installed), one for win7 (to install an image or clone from another computer) and another which contains personal data. Win7 and win10 are cracked copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.