How to create this voice effect? (Using Audacity?)

jtpetch

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Hi, I'm working on a music video/animation, and I need to create a voice exactly like the one in this video (forgive me for the pony-related vid, only good example I could fine).
I also asked this on Yahoo Answers, to no avail. They suggested phasing, which is something you can do in Audacity. I tried it, and it didn't sound at all like the effect (I messed around with the settings for it for a good half hour, couldn't get anything similar from it).
I'm not sure what he used in that video, but I'm hoping I could do this in Audacity, as that's what I'm using for everything else sound related (and, you know, it's free)
I would have Googled this, but I'm not even sure what to call this effect.
Thanks for your help!

jtpetch

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014

I've tried both of those, and they're both only "auto-tune" plugins. It does sound like he's using some sort of auto-tune, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about how it sounds semi-robotic; almost "industrial" sounding. I've watched tutorials and experimented myself with "robot-ifying" my voice, but it always sounds like your classic, buzzy, 1980's robot.

Maybe try combining a phasing plugin with auto tune and some other effects like modulation or different filters. Sorry I can't be of too much help here, I only use Ableton Live and very few effects with it. :spamafote: