how to create wifi with wired router?

anomyous

Honorable
Apr 22, 2013
i have a wired router with ethernet cord and i want to create a wireless network with it. i have a desktop computer with windows xp. is it possible to create a wireless network if i use a usb wifi adapter to create a wireless network for my other devices too?

HillBillyAsian

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013

or he doesn't have money or doesnt want to waste money on something that he can do with the stuff he already has, thats like saying "buy a new car because the one you have has a flat tire"

Congrats, you win worst analogy ever

slomo4sho

Distinguished

If $20 is too much then I really don't know what to tell you...

HillBillyAsian

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013

throw me 20 bucks then, ill be glad to take it off your hands.

HillBillyAsian

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013

quit hijacking a thread to try to tell people to do something when they only asked a question, in which i answered it. You have no need to be here and your not helping the cause by saying "buy this, or are you too poor?" and yes i would just off a 1-2 foot bridge into a creek for those 20 dollars, like i said if you have money to throw around, just give it to me. I'll find better uses for it then you obviously.

slomo4sho

Distinguished

I am sure its more economical to keep a PC running just to maintain a WiFi connection than to purchase a faster (most likely) wireless router for as little as $12

Also, I was thinking something along the line of the Brooklyn Bridge.

HillBillyAsian

Honorable
Apr 4, 2013

and if his computer is running 24/7? it would be less costly to run a usb adapter then plug in a router. and sure, fly me there, i want a fancy diner too, and the rest of the money you have, followed by the 20 dollars off the bridge.