[SOLVED] How to dedicate more RAM and CPU to a game for the highest performance ?

Jul 20, 2019
My laptop is :
Asus A55V
Intel core i7-3630QM 2.40 GHz
Ram 8GB
Geforce 610M
Windows 10 64 bit

Im playing Pubg mobile on emulator (tencent gaming buddy) and i cant get 60 fps , whenever the game is running good its gets fps drops when enemy near and in fights ......

I edited some settings in Nvidia control panel and the settings of the emulator and i adjusted my pc for better perfomance and virtual memory to inital (8192mb) max (12288 ) ... And still doesnt work at fixed 60 fps . its works at 24-35 and drops to 19 sometimes .

So i tought about dedicating CPU Cores And more RAM to the Game to get the highest performance and results . Is it possible ? How to do it ? its theres any consequences of doing it ??

Thanks .

Solution
It's not a question of cores and hyperthreads. It's a question of IPC.

Newer hardware has a much higher IPC (Instructions per cycle) than older hardware.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ipc-cpu-definition,5777.html

There are a few things you can try though.

f there are any steps listed here that you have not already done, it would be advisable to do so if for no other reason than to be able to say you've already done it and eliminate that possibility.

First,

make sure your motherboard has the MOST recent BIOS version installed. If it does not, then update. This solves a high number of issues even in cases where the release that is newer than yours makes no mention of improving graphics card or other hardware...
No, no and no.

Windows 10 already allocates as much resources to the game engine as what the game engine is written and optimized to allow for without shortchanging the OS itself.

Virtual memory has no relationship really with gaming. Not in any meaningful sense.

I'd change that to 4096 min and 4096 max and forget about it.

Your problem is that your hardware is too old and is just not capable enough for modern titles that require more capable hardware and a graphics adapter that is not up to the task. Mostly, your CPU simply can't handle it.

Jul 20, 2019
Oh Thanks for your reply , i tought that ny pc too old of hundling the game , it get slow after i updating the game 2 mounths ago and even slow after the last update , but a 8 CPUS and 4 cores cant run games even if its old ?? plz explain to me the relation between newness of hardware and performance

It's not a question of cores and hyperthreads. It's a question of IPC.

Newer hardware has a much higher IPC (Instructions per cycle) than older hardware.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ipc-cpu-definition,5777.html

There are a few things you can try though.

f there are any steps listed here that you have not already done, it would be advisable to do so if for no other reason than to be able to say you've already done it and eliminate that possibility.

First,

make sure your motherboard has the MOST recent BIOS version installed. If it does not, then update. This solves a high number of issues even in cases where the release that is newer than yours makes no mention of improving graphics card or other hardware compatibility. They do not list every change they have made when they post a new BIOS release.

Second,

go to the product page for your motherboard on the manufacturer website. Download and install the latest driver versions for the chipset, storage controllers, audio and network adapters. Do not skip installing a newer driver just because you think it is not relevant to the problem you are having. The drivers for one device can often affect ALL other devices and a questionable driver release can cause instability in the OS itself. They don't release new drivers just for fun. If there is a new driver release for a component, there is a good reason for it. The same goes for BIOS updates.

IF you have other hardware installed or attached to the system that are not a part of the systems covered by the motherboard drivers, then go to the support page for THAT component and check to see if there are newer drivers available for that as well. If there are, install them.

Third,

Make sure your memory is running at the correct advertised speed in the BIOS. This may require that you set the memory to run at the XMP profile settings. Also, make sure you have the memory installed in the correct slots and that they are running in dual channel which you can check by installing CPU-Z and checking the Memory tab. For all modern motherboards that are dual channel memory architectures, from the last ten years at least, if you have two sticks installed they should be in the A2 (Called DDR4_1 on some boards) or B2 (Called DDR4_2 on some boards) which are ALWAYS the SECOND and FOURTH slots over from the CPU socket, counting TOWARDS the edge of the motherboard EXCEPT on boards that only have two memory slots total. In that case, if you have two modules it's not rocket science, but if you have only one, then install it in the A1 or DDR4_1 slot.

Fourth,

Make sure the problem is not just a bad cable or the wrong cable IF this is a no display issue. If it is NOT related to a lack of display signal, then skip to the next step.

This happens a lot. Try a different cable or a different TYPE of cable. Sometimes there can be issues with the monitor or card not supporting a specific specification such as HDMI 1.4 vs HDMI 2.0, or even an HDMI output stops working but the Displayport or DVI output still works fine on the graphics card. Always worth checking the cable and trying other cables because cables get run over, bent, bent pins or simply were cheap quality to begin with and something as simple as trying a different cable or different monitor might be all that is required to solve your issue.

The last thing we want to look at,

for now anyhow, is the graphics card drivers. Regardless of whether you "already installed the newest drivers" for your graphics card or not, it is OFTEN a good idea to do a CLEAN install of the graphics card drivers. Just installing over the old drivers OR trying to use what Nvidia and AMD consider a clean install is not good enough and does not usually give the same result as using the Display Driver Uninstaller utility. This has a very high success rate and is always worth a shot.

Also, make sure you are plugged into the graphics card. Sometimes when people work on their system or move it, they forget and plug into an available motherboard output instead of plugging back into the graphics card. You can't use the graphics card if you're plugged into the motherboard. That would result in using the HD4000 graphics from the CPU instead.

Solution