Question how to deep clean your pc?

Noothan

Reputable
Jul 27, 2016
i have bought new mobo- asus ex a 320, cpu - ryzen 5 2600 ram - 16 gb but the cabinets and sata are old from the previous pc build
the windows and certain files are in still seen in the harddisk and i want to format cleanly and deeply
well i have tried reset pc in windows 10 yet not everything is wiped out
any suggestions?

Noothan

Reputable
Jul 27, 2016
i did the same but i still see some files and my pc isnt still fast even though nothing is there on my pc

i want to deep clean the internal disk along with windows

Some security software will overwrite the files multiple times (you choose how many times) and then delete them. You can then use some partitioning software to delete the partitions, reboot, and reassign partitions using different sizes. If the disk is very old it may be better to just get another one and for good security break the old one up with a hammer.

Noothan

Reputable
Jul 27, 2016
ok ya i get it cool and as i have done the rest and installed windows twice on different disks, i wana delete the other one which is in disk d.
i deleted the windows yet some windows related files are located in disk d.
i tried to format disk d still its not happening, how do i get rid of old window files?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Boot from installer
On screen after language choice, pick repair pc, not install
Pick troubleshoot
Pick advanced
Pick Command Prompt
Type diskpart and press enter
Type list disk and press enter
This will show the list of drives currently attached to PC, make note of the drive number of the drive you want to wipe
If Disk 1 is the drive you want to clear, type select 1) and press enter. A message will confirm it is selected
Warning: Diskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk.
Once you sure its right disk, type Clean and press enter
The Command Prompt window will display the message "DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk". Close out of the Command Prompt window by clicking the red X in the upper right hand corner.

that will wipe hdd.

Reactions: Noothan

Noothan

Reputable
Jul 27, 2016
Boot from installer
Pick troubleshoot
Pick advanced
Pick Command Prompt
This will show the list of drives currently attached to PC, make note of the drive number of the drive you want to wipe
If Disk 1 is the drive you want to clear, type select 1) and press enter. A message will confirm it is selected
Warning: Diskpart Erase/Clean will permanently erase/destroy all data on the selected drive. Please be certain that you are erasing the correct disk.
The Command Prompt window will display the message "DiskPart succeeded in cleaning the disk". Close out of the Command Prompt window by clicking the red X in the upper right hand corner.

that will wipe hdd.
I
Boot from installer
Pick troubleshoot
Pick advanced
Pick Command Prompt

that will wipe hdd.
Ya worked but it's just not select 1 but it's select disk 1

TRENDING THREADS