[SOLVED] How to delete a mouse's internal memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastNastNast

Reputable
Feb 15, 2017
I bought a Zelotes C-12 mouse from amazon a while back, I installed the required driver which held an application to change button processes and dpi configurations. I was happy with my adjustments until now, a year later, after many system resets. My problem is, after the system fresh started, my mouse still holds all of the old configurations without the driver installed on my PC. I'm now trying to change my configurations. I tried to re-install the driver, but the new application is at default settings and has no effect on my mouse color, dpi, or button processes, but my mouse still retains the old configurations. How can I sync the fresh driver install with my mouse, or delete the current mouse configurations entirely so I can sync it to the fresh driver/app.

Solution
it could be that the drivers aren't signed to work with win 10 and its not letting them run to make the changes. Their release date shows 2019 which is unlikely so I wouldn't be surprised to find they win 8 drivers relabeled as Win 10. Many companies tried to do that.

I bet if you knew someone with win 7 on PC still and installed the software to change the colors/poling speeds, it would work. All you need is a PC that doesn't have win 10 on it and use it to program the settings you want to use. That way memory on mouse would override win 10 ones, or should

I had the opposite, I had a Steelseries Sensie that was so old, the newest drivers don't recognise it and turn it off. I had no way to change its settings at all, and it was only...

NastNastNast

Reputable
Feb 15, 2017

Yes I have the latest drivers, but like I said they load into the default configuration for the mouse and not the settings that are actually on my mouse, and when I try to change the settings in the driver, they don't affect my mouse.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it could be that the drivers aren't signed to work with win 10 and its not letting them run to make the changes. Their release date shows 2019 which is unlikely so I wouldn't be surprised to find they win 8 drivers relabeled as Win 10. Many companies tried to do that.

I bet if you knew someone with win 7 on PC still and installed the software to change the colors/poling speeds, it would work. All you need is a PC that doesn't have win 10 on it and use it to program the settings you want to use. That way memory on mouse would override win 10 ones, or should

I had the opposite, I had a Steelseries Sensie that was so old, the newest drivers don't recognise it and turn it off. I had no way to change its settings at all, and it was only in last few weeks I was forced to replace it and use a newer mouse that the software actually lets me change things now.

Solution

stretchymantis

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016
I'm pretty sure something is wrong with their drivers. I am/was on Windows 10 when I got the mouse and the drivers/software worked fine. I re-installed Windows 10 and, like you said, my mouse retained my settings so I had no reason to re-install the software until months later. When I did, they were 'newer' drivers. The software looks updated also. I could change my DPI and I think that was it. LED stuff def did not work anymore. So I uninstalled, then installed their previous version on the site. Now it says, "Does not detect a gaming mouse", and won't even pull up a menu. Searched around and found yet an older version, but no go on that either. Boo. I'll update if I run across a solution.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.