how to delete a process

I have adware problems and have finally found the process/program its coming
from but whenever i end the process or delete the program it just keeps
coming back. What do i do?

Running the Ad-Aware program in Safe Mode should remove it.

someonewithadware wrote:

> I have adware problems and have finally found the process/program its coming
> from but whenever i end the process or delete the program it just keeps
> coming back. What do i do?

should i run a smart sytem scan or a full system scan? and also i have run
the adaware program multiple time in the past month and deleted the infected
files but the ads still comes back.

"Bob I" wrote:

> Running the Ad-Aware program in Safe Mode should remove it.
>
> someonewithadware wrote:
>
> > I have adware problems and have finally found the process/program its coming
> > from but whenever i end the process or delete the program it just keeps
> > coming back. What do i do?

If you keep getting reinfected, perhaps there is a problem with what you
are loading? If you load or use software that installs adware then it
will come back!

someonewithadware wrote:

> should i run a smart sytem scan or a full system scan? and also i have run
> the adaware program multiple time in the past month and deleted the infected
> files but the ads still comes back.
>
> "Bob I" wrote:
>

>>Running the Ad-Aware program in Safe Mode should remove it.
>>
>>someonewithadware wrote:
>>

>>>I have adware problems and have finally found the process/program its coming
>>>from but whenever i end the process or delete the program it just keeps
>>>coming back. What do i do?

Hello,

If you feel that you have spyware on your machine, the best place to start off with would be:

The Parasite fight
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

In memory of Alex Nichol

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"someonewithadware" <someonewithadware@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have adware problems and have finally found the process/program its coming
> from but whenever i end the process or delete the program it just keeps
> coming back. What do i do?

Follow the malware removal advice listed here:
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php. The quickfix methodology helps in
eliminating most of the malware, but some require user intervention and
examination of the HijackThis log. If that is the case follow step 8. "IF
THERE IS STILL A PROBLEM"

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org