How to delete a sub-folder in the registry

An installer, IncrediMail, starts up at the same time Windows starts and
stays on my desktop until I click the cancel button, an annoyance I'd like to
get rid of. Using the control panel's add & remv prog utility was of no help.
The folder of the installer is located at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ImInstaller\IncrediMail.
How do I delete this IncrediMail folder without corrupting the registry?
Name: (default) Type: REG_SZ Data: (value not set)
Language REG_SZ english
LastNotify REG_SZ 12/06/04
ResumeCount REG_DWORD 0x000000c(12)
Root REG_SZ www5.incredimail.com/contents/setup/downloader_sp1
ScriptUrl REG_SZ
www5.incredimail.com/contents/setup/downloader_sp...

Sterling

"Darkwheel88" <sterl_henderson@hotmail.com> wrote:

>An installer, IncrediMail, starts up at the same time Windows starts and
>stays on my desktop until I click the cancel button, an annoyance I'd like to
>get rid of. Using the control panel's add & remv prog utility was of no help.
>The folder of the installer is located at:
>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ImInstaller\IncrediMail.
>How do I delete this IncrediMail folder without corrupting the registry?
>Name: (default) Type: REG_SZ Data: (value not set)
>Language REG_SZ english
>LastNotify REG_SZ 12/06/04
>ResumeCount REG_DWORD 0x000000c(12)
>Root REG_SZ www5.incredimail.com/contents/setup/downloader_sp1
>ScriptUrl REG_SZ
>www5.incredimail.com/contents/setup/downloader_sp...

Delete the IncrediMail files from your HDD, then scan the Registry for
entries related to IncrediMail, f. e. by scanning for the program name
or the install folder. There should be no problem with removing these
Registry entries.
To be on the safe side, you could create an additional Restore Point
with the System Restore tool before you start.

--
(tm)