How to delete account or change email?

Aug 28, 2015
I created this account wanting to ask a question, and then delete my account when I got the answer, thinking this would be a one time thing. But, I decided that I should just keep it, since I do have a lot of questions and I like the community. The problem is I signed up using an old email I've abandoned, but now I actually want to keep this account, so I want to use my current email to get notifications when someone replies. I have figured out how to delete it, but it keeps insisting I'm using the wrong password despite signing in with the same thing. Also, I see no options in my settings to change my email or password.

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong category. There really wasn't any that fit this question.

Solution
Sorry to hear you've been running into issues!

We've temporarily disabled the option to change your email address as we finish up the migration to our new login system. From what I've heard from the devs, we should be all done within the next week or two, at which point the option to change your email address will be turned back on. Try to put up with it for a little longer if you can :)

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Sorry to hear you've been running into issues!

We've temporarily disabled the option to change your email address as we finish up the migration to our new login system. From what I've heard from the devs, we should be all done within the next week or two, at which point the option to change your email address will be turned back on. Try to put up with it for a little longer if you can :)

Solution