[SOLVED] How to delete MpCmdRun.exe permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz-Kostas

Honorable
Dec 24, 2016
Hello, so something is going wrong with this process and I would like to stop it asap because I have a monthly 10gb mobile plan and it has consumed 3.73gb in 8 days of using my PC. Things I have done to stop it:

Disable windows defender from Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender changing the value of DisableAntiSpyware from 0 to 1
Disable windows firewall (a microsoft advisor tried that while he was connected to my pc)
Set connection as metered and limit background bandwidth to 5% from delivery optimization
Choose always at Settings->Network and Internet->Data usage->Background data

The location of mpcmdrun.exe is C:/Program Files/Windows Defender so it's not malware according to multiple threads i've read
It also has 2 digital signatures from microsoft at properties
I also tried scanning the folder with avast antivirus

I'm out of ideas so any help would be really appreciated!

Solution
I use avast antivirus free and it still pops up at random times just to consume my mb's
You can try to remove it from task schedule. From Task Scheduler go to:
Microsoft\Windows\Windows Defender
and remove the task "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan"

You will need to reboot to stop the process from starting up again. Note that the process could return with some Windows Updates, especially the bi-anual updates.
I use avast antivirus free and it still pops up at random times just to consume my mb's

You will need to reboot to stop the process from starting up again. Note that the process could return with some Windows Updates, especially the bi-anual updates.

Solution

Jazz-Kostas

Honorable
Dec 24, 2016

YOU ARE AMAZING

The Electro Machine

Commendable
BANNED
Jan 28, 2021
Well...

I turned it off and every piece of Windows defenses - as I use the free COMODO. But I was still getting from time to time a pup-up telling me that both Windows Firewall and COMODO are disabled - while in a mater of fact COMODO is running constantly [as its various pop-ups attest]

So I went to the Task Scheduler, but in Windows Defender found nothing [an empty folder - other various tasks are present at the same time and configurable]

I even run as Administrator teh Task Manager and closed the only Windows Defender process that I could find. And only then, assuming that everythng is stopped / not working, went to

msconfig > Boot > Services >

and unchecked all that I could find by name which was

Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service
Microsoft Defender Network Inpection Service
Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service
Windows Defender Firewall

But when I clicked the Apply button - those 4 services went back to being checked

Ans so no matter what I do I cannot get rid of that one last Windows 10 pop-up telling me falsely that COMODO is not running

[And yes- of course that turning COMODO on and off do not make the the operating system to notice that it is really turned on]

I am running Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.746 with Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 - from a fresh install done two weeks ago

Status
Not open for further replies.