[SOLVED] How to delete MpCmdRun.exe permanently

Jazz-Kostas

Reputable
Dec 24, 2016
Hello, so something is going wrong with this process and I would like to stop it asap because I have a monthly 10gb mobile plan and it has consumed 3.73gb in 8 days of using my PC. Things I have done to stop it:

Disable windows defender from Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender changing the value of DisableAntiSpyware from 0 to 1
Disable windows firewall (a microsoft advisor tried that while he was connected to my pc)
Set connection as metered and limit background bandwidth to 5% from delivery optimization
Choose always at Settings->Network and Internet->Data usage->Background data

The location of mpcmdrun.exe is C:/Program Files/Windows Defender so it's not malware according to multiple threads i've read
It also has 2 digital signatures from microsoft at properties
I also tried scanning the folder with avast antivirus

I'm out of ideas so any help would be really appreciated!

Ketchup79

Respectable
I use avast antivirus free and it still pops up at random times just to consume my mb's
You can try to remove it from task schedule. From Task Scheduler go to:
Microsoft\Windows\Windows Defender
and remove the task "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan"

You will need to reboot to stop the process from starting up again. Note that the process could return with some Windows Updates, especially the bi-anual updates.

Ketchup79

Respectable
mpcmdrun.exe is part of Windows Defender. The best way to prevent it from running is to install an alternate antivirus on the computer (blocking it may work, but the process itself will still be running, possibly slowing things down).

Jazz-Kostas

Reputable
Dec 24, 2016
mpcmdrun.exe is part of Windows Defender. The best way to prevent it from running is to install an alternate antivirus on the computer (blocking it may work, but the process itself will still be running, possibly slowing things down).
I use avast antivirus free and it still pops up at random times just to consume my mb's

Ketchup79

Respectable

You will need to reboot to stop the process from starting up again. Note that the process could return with some Windows Updates, especially the bi-anual updates.

Jazz-Kostas

Reputable
Dec 24, 2016

YOU ARE AMAZING

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Antivirus / Security / Privacy 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS