[SOLVED] How to delete System Reserved partition and extend basic partition?

May 22, 2020
Disks are a mess after fresh install. How to delete System Reserved partition and extend basic partition?

I just bought an NVMe SSD for my Windows 10 PC. Tried Samsung Migration Tool, but I couldn't get to boot on the new drive (BSoD).

Long story short I decided to do a fresh install on the new drive (Disk 3). Once i was done I used Diskpart to delete all unwanted partitions on my previous main ssd drive (Disk 1) and some weird partitions on my storage HDDs (Disks 0 & 2).

This led me to 2 issues:
  1. I can't delete the remaining System Reserved partition on the SSD (Disk 1). Tried the override parameters of Diskpart but I get the following error:
    Code:
    Virtual Disk Service error:Delete is not allowed on the current boot, system, pagefile,
    crashdump or hibernation volume.
  2. Using Disk Management, I can't extend the NTFS volumes on my storage drives (Disk 0 & 2) without converting them to Dynamic disks. Is there a way to add the unallocated space to my NTFS partitions while leaving them as basic disks?

Solution
With the installer for your OS, reinstall the OS, but this time, remove all the partitions that are unwanted(during the installation process where you're shown the partitions and drives). Once that's done, exit the installer, disconnect all drives except the one where you plan to install the OS on and then fire up the system again with the bootable installer.

Lutfij

Titan
With the installer for your OS, reinstall the OS, but this time, remove all the partitions that are unwanted(during the installation process where you're shown the partitions and drives). Once that's done, exit the installer, disconnect all drives except the one where you plan to install the OS on and then fire up the system again with the bootable installer.

Solution
May 22, 2020
@Lutfij thx for your answer. Just to be sure i understood you right, you recommend to reinstall windows once more? I'm actually happy with Disk 3 as it is now, the issue are the other disks that i want to simply keep as basic storage drives.

May 22, 2020
ok i was able to fix the problem with Disk 1 by following the suggested steps :)

Now however i still have these unallocated spaces on Disks 0 and 2. Any suggestion on how to merge them back into their NTFS volumes?