How to delete unfinished install of OS

Marc Soliven

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2014
hello guys.. i would like to ask some question from the PRO here....... here goes...

i have an old hp laptop that has windows 7 on it... and you know how those hp laptop lets you create a copy of your OS 1 time i think it was something like hp recovery something.. so the thing is i did make out of it. and then i tried transferring it to an SSD ... the brand of the SSD by the way is crucial bx200 250GB...

however as i was tranferring the OS some error occured... (the errors were as provided on the picture)

now.... after the error occured... i decided not to do the transfer anymore because i did not find any answer to this solution (did not find any answer on the net)

so i went back to my old hdd and just kept my ssd....

so after that (this happens 3 months ago by the way)

i decided to get out of my lazy fat life and decided to find a job and which i did find... 2 months ago... and now.. as i have enough money saved... i went to buy some stuff to create a new gaming PC... however i did not bought any SSD for my windows 10 OS since i already got one.. (the one that has the failed installation..) so i just thought that i would just erase the failed OS that was installed there....so i searched the internet for the right guide on how to properly erased the data... and what i found out was a bunch of info regarding how you need to have the OS CD something in order to erase or reformat the ssd... however... that HP CD (which was burn by the hp manager something) has been thrown away by my mom since she thought that it was some blank CD (i completely forgot to label it).....

so i temporarily inserted it to my dads office computer to reformat the disk. however it does not appear on the "create/format disk" however it appears on the bios.. but if i click it would load the windows 7 file up to the point that it fail... (see pictures)

http://s22.postimg.org/aw5r70ejl/P_20160402_214503.jpg

http://s22.postimg.org/gvtianzc1/P_20160402_214509.jpg

so regarding about the ssd... how do i safely remove the data on the ssd?

If you or your Dad has one of those SATA-to-USB adapters or a USB external enclosure it would be a simple proposition of using your Dad's computer which he (or you) boots up with his normal boot drive. After a successful boot, just connect the SSD as a USB external device to the PC and format it or delete its volume(s).

Failing that, there should be no problem installing the SSD in the PC, boot to the PC's regular boot drive and then access Disk Management to format the SSD.

I'm guessing your Dad's PC is also an HP and the system apparently thinks the SSD is installed in order to restore the OS. Is that a possibility?

Anyway, it should be a cut & dried operation to install the SSD as a secondary drive in a PC and simply format it or delete the volume(s). Of course this assumes the SSD is not a defective disk which doesn't seem to be the case.

And promise you won't "click" the SSD at this time, OK?

Marc Soliven

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2014

Sir sorry i was kinda away from home for a while.... well i got your reply and i appreciate it real good... now this how i view my disk management as of today..... can you guide me step by step on how to properly delete the OS inside on that disk... so that i can put an OS on it.......

http://postimg.org/image/l6qryzw7d/

l6qryzw7d

Simply right-click on each primary partition in Disk Management and then click on the "Delete Volume" option from the drop-down menu. The total disk-space on the disk will then become "unallocated".

TRENDING THREADS