[SOLVED] how to delete win 10 from dual boot system?

Osaidaz

Honorable
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,
I have win 8.1 and recently I installed win 10 on a different hard drive, I'm having some issues booting to windows 10 and some people suggested I redo a clean install.
now my question is : how to safely remove win 10 ? I booted my win 8.1 and tried to format the hard drive that has win 10 and it says " windows can't forma this drive, quite any disk utilities or other programs that are using this drive, and make sure that no windows is displaying the contents for the driver. then try fromatting again."

how can I safely remove the windows 10 ?
thanks.

Solution
Disconnect the drive that has Windows 8.1 on it, completely, as well as any other drives that are attached except for the drive you want to put Windows 10 on and the drive (Usually a thumb drive these days, but occasionally an optical drive for some) you are installing FROM. Then, follow this guide for the installation. There is no need to format, partition or anything else prior to beginning the installation so long as you follow the steps in the guide and during the installation you choose the "Custom" option and then delete all of the existing partitions on the drive you are going to install to, assuming you don't have any other partitions on the drive that contain anything you need to keep.

Windows will handle the creation of any...
Disconnect the drive that has Windows 8.1 on it, completely, as well as any other drives that are attached except for the drive you want to put Windows 10 on and the drive (Usually a thumb drive these days, but occasionally an optical drive for some) you are installing FROM. Then, follow this guide for the installation. There is no need to format, partition or anything else prior to beginning the installation so long as you follow the steps in the guide and during the installation you choose the "Custom" option and then delete all of the existing partitions on the drive you are going to install to, assuming you don't have any other partitions on the drive that contain anything you need to keep.

Windows will handle the creation of any necessary partitions and all necessary formatting, automatically.

Solution