How to delete windows xp in C while I have windows 7 in D drive. I want to keep only windows 7.

rvsetia

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013
I had windows xp installed on C drive. I later installed windows 7 on D drive but I have lost my hard disk space ad PC has gone slow. I want to keep just windows 7. How can I remove windows xp?

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
I would just format the entire drive, you really want your OS to be the C drive. If you just want to delete the XP partition, click start, right click "computer" and click manage. From disk management you can delete the xp partition, but will be unable to merge it into the 7 partition, you will have to make a new partition from it. You can also use a third part partitioning program to delete XP and merge your partitions.

Jenish J

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2013
You have to format your entire C drive, when you are in windows 7 os running. Thats all you need to do for formating windows xp from your computer. You can use 3rd party applications like Partition Magic, AOMEI Partition Assistant,.. etc, to get the job done easily.

AxlMyk

Honorable
Oct 10, 2013
No, Win 7 is on D: and is configured for D:.
To just change it to C: will totally confuse the OS. It won't work.
The only way to get Win 7 to run on C: is to install it to C:.

rvsetia

Honorable
Nov 7, 2013

So I should just format C, install 7 on C and then format D...will that do? coz I dont have sufficient space available to install both windows on same drive. Its a very old computer.. :p

TRENDING THREADS