How to determine EXACT model of my GPU?

dankogrg

Honorable
May 9, 2017
I just got the Zotac geforce gtx 1080 AMP! EXTREME which i ordered, but i'm not quite sure they gave me exact that version and not just the AMP version or just geforce 1080. All my detection tools just say it's geforce gtx 1080. Is there anyway i can detect which version it really is or is it possible they sold me the lower version without me being able to detect what it really is even though box says AMP EXTREME?

Solution

You determine it by model number. It is written on the case. Also there should be sticker on gpu itself.
ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 AMP Edition is ZT-P10800C-10P
ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 AMP Extreme is ZT-P10800B-10P.
ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 AMP Extreme+ is ZT-P10800I-10P.
Do you know which characteristics distinguish the AMP! Extreme from the AMP! or just the plain 1080? Such as amount of vram, frequency, etc. If you can determine what the differences are between the different models, then you can use tools like CPU-Z or Passmark Performance Test to identify your GPU.

I guess you could also run some benchmarks and compare to published results, although other factors like the CPU and motherboard might affect that.

You determine it by model number. It is written on the case. Also there should be sticker on gpu itself.
ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 AMP Edition is ZT-P10800C-10P
ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 AMP Extreme is ZT-P10800B-10P.
ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 AMP Extreme+ is ZT-P10800I-10P.

Solution

dankogrg

Honorable
May 9, 2017
thanki you. I have an adittional question, should i be worried about perforating the socket with my GPU due to sogging?
i improvised somethig with some plastic and string but maybe i should thake that out. Holsters are rediculously expensive