[SOLVED] How to disable dedicated GPU and render using Ryzen 3's Vega GPU 2200g

Jan 8, 2019
So I have a dedicated GPU on my board (RX580 8GB GDDR5)

I also have Ryzen 3 2200G with Vega Graphics.

I know removing the GPU from the motherboard will disable Dedicated GPU and use Ryzen 3's GPU but is there a way to use both Ryzen 3's GPU and the Dedicated GPU

OR

Using RX580 while I play games and while I edit stuff using my Vegas is there a way to Disable Dedicated GPU while video Render and use Ryzen 3 2200G's GPU to render videos faster without using the Dedicated GPU?

I somehow want to use Ryzen's GPU because I feel loss of money and resources and want to utilize the CPU to it's full performance.

Cheers!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
2nd monitor connected to motherboard's video out (probably hdmi) and enter bios and enable Pcie + Igp. Should be an option in the bios to do that hopefully. Discrete usually disables igpu once a discrete is detected, check bios if you can re-enable to use both, good chance there is.

Jan 8, 2019
@boju, I would basically want to use the Ryzen 3 2200G's GPU to render Videos while my Dedicated GPU(RX580) rest. Even using a VirtualBox or directly via Windows 10, is it possible? I don't actually want to render using RX580's GPU as most of the time I will use the RX580 to host my crypto currency coin (I mean my own built coin).

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I wouldn't know exactly how to prioritise gpu for separate takes. I feel its probably possible, just haven't done it. Someone with knowledge on the matter might help you here.

Good start will be to get both gpu and igpu working. Try a TV to test to make sure.

Jan 8, 2019
@boju I will try it, but I wanted to render using my igpu as stopping the process of what the GPU is used for right now will hamper my work this I need render options using the igpu, as processor render is too slow right now.

Jan 8, 2019
Any solution yet? I found a similar thread on Reddit but the problems is my GPU is not nvidia so any resolution to this would be very helpful.

I want to render videos on my Vegas Pro using the igpu and play games using the dedicated GPU.

Enabling the igpu on bios and using a second screen makes sense but what about the render? Will it use igpu instead of dedicated gpu of mine?

Thanks.

Reddit thread: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/8azjw4/is_it_possible_to_use_ryzen_3_2200gs_igpu_and_a/

Jan 8, 2019

So, can you explain how to enable pcie? I know how to enable igpu on bios but I am confused with pcie + igpu part, if you care to explain a bit! Thanks!

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Your motherboard's manual will explain how. Manuals are online as well from the manufacturer's website. Just look for graphics section and it'll show what to enable. Pcie (sometimes called peg) = graphics card and then there's igpu. Most motherboards allow a combination of Pcie/peg + igpu.

See your manual.

Jan 8, 2019
I have enabled iGPU from BIOS but when I check Direct X Diagnostic Tool it shows - Display 1 : Microsoft BASIC Display Adapter and Display 2: Radeon RX 580, but why is it not showing as Vega 8 GPU instead of Microsoft BASIC Display Adapter?

Any help on this?

Jan 8, 2019
I am just worried about one small thing, if I install vega8 graphics driver, will it create problems such as not detecting my rx580 evfm drivers or bottleneck the performance. I can see this in the [ Task Manager > Performance Tab ] GPI 0 Radeon RX 580 Series 0%

How to use both rx580 and vega 8 part by part.