Question how to disable motherboard beeping from cpu overheat

Feb 26, 2023
my cpu doesnt even get that hot at like 75C
and my motherboard starts beeping really loudly i wanna know how to disable these beeps the bios i use is InsydeH2O

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What computer is this? Desktop/ laptop? Looking up that bios seem to point to Acer. Not sure if there's a quick key to have advanced options in bios but people have resorted to hacking the bios to get it. In there i see thermal configuration under advanced properties from pictures I've seen. I'm guessing warning beep would be there.

Reactions: white.a.drew
What computer is this? Desktop/ laptop? Looking up that bios seem to point to Acer. Not sure if there's a quick key to have advanced options in bios but people have resorted to hacking the bios to get it. In there i see thermal configuration under advanced properties from pictures I've seen. I'm guessing warning beep would be there.
Yeah I'm fairly certain that's in the hidden menu of these bios's now. That why I was trying to give him the short cut keys I know... Because their the most common, however there a few other alts that certain revs have that others don't... Then there are some like you said where have to hack the bios to open the menu.

Reactions: boju
Feb 26, 2023
laptop its also a gigabyte gaming laptop just incase brand has something to with it to i cant figure out a way to get into advanced options

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What's the model number? Would help suss out the thing further if we knew exactly what it is.

Could always invest in can of compressed air to blow dust out then get a cooling pad to sit laptop on. Insulate under edges with some soft stick on strips to focus air through the laptop.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
GD/MD share the same manual. Same quick key for fan mode Fn + !. Also Fn + esc to enter control centre app where you can adjust power modes.

Found a post regarding MD discussing Clevo in the comments (Gigabyte rebranded laptop) and using different fan control app. See what you think. Click on the secondary link there. Controlling the fans better might help the beeping.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comments/y1ipty/pc_beeping_because_of_fan/?

Feb 26, 2023
GD/MD share the same manual. Same quick key for fan mode Fn + !. Also Fn + esc to enter control centre app where you can adjust power modes.

Found a post regarding MD discussing Clevo in the comments (Gigabyte rebranded laptop) and using different fan control app. See what you think. Click on the secondary link there. Controlling the fans better might help the beeping.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comments/y1ipty/pc_beeping_because_of_fan/?
yeah i already use fan speed setting thats what i use to monitor temperature and control speed. even in maximum it will still beep at like 70C

Feb 26, 2023
Last edited:
Reactions: boju