[SOLVED] How to disable my laptop's built-in keyboard?

Zaraki Zenken Besin

Distinguished
May 13, 2015
my laptop keyboard is currently malfunction, it automatically press keys on its own, so i currently use an external keyboard.

I tried uninstalling the keyboard driver but after restart its still there. I cant seem to remove it permanently or disable it.

I even tried gpedit.msc trick but there is no result when searching it.

Anyone knows another way to disable it?

[OS = Windows 10]

Solution
In device manager - disable malfunctioning keyboard device.

Also - it should be possible to disconnect the keyboard physically. Usually is't connected by a small ribbon type cable (the picture is just illustration, not actually for your particular laptop model).

C1tAikQDjpIJLACI.full

Zaraki Zenken Besin

Distinguished
May 13, 2015
Why not fix it? I suspect the key switches are dirty. A good cleaning should fix it.

It's impossible to recommend anything since you don't state the hardware model or OS version.
it cant be clean as some keys are gone too.
the random keys pressing is when u close the lid, it malfunction only when u close and open the lid.

cant find what typ e of model cuz everything at the back is erased,
i used cmd to check it and it only says HP 15 notebook PC
processor Core i3 3110M

Also - it should be possible to disconnect the keyboard physically. Usually is't connected by a small ribbon type cable (the picture is just illustration, not actually for your particular laptop model).

C1tAikQDjpIJLACI.full

Solution

Zaraki Zenken Besin

Distinguished
May 13, 2015

C1tAikQDjpIJLACI.full
i tried this "In device manager - disable malfunctioning keyboard device."

ill try disconnecting it base on your picture

UPDATE: just unscrew 1 screw and disabled it permanently
THANK YOU

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS