[SOLVED] How to disable on-board wifi/bluetooth ?

Aug 2, 2021
Hi,
My computer atm has a x570 Aorus Elite Wifi motherboard installed which only has bluetooth 4.2. I wanted to install a PCIE card with bluetooth 5.0.
I was wandering how I'm suppose to disable the on-board bluetooth to start using the bluetooth on the external card

Cheers

Solution
If I were you, I'd look into disassembling the rear I/O shroud/panel and replace the wireless connectivity module with one that has BT 5.0 and a better WiFi standard, preferably with one from Intel since the one's that come bundled with most boards are from Atheros/Qualcomm/Broadcomm. As for disabling the BT 4.2 device, you can get into BIOS and turn off the wireless card. If it's not there, you can disable it from Device Manager once you've installed your OS(assuming you're going to work with Windows)

Lutfij

Titan
If I were you, I'd look into disassembling the rear I/O shroud/panel and replace the wireless connectivity module with one that has BT 5.0 and a better WiFi standard, preferably with one from Intel since the one's that come bundled with most boards are from Atheros/Qualcomm/Broadcomm. As for disabling the BT 4.2 device, you can get into BIOS and turn off the wireless card. If it's not there, you can disable it from Device Manager once you've installed your OS(assuming you're going to work with Windows)

Solution
Aug 2, 2021
ndard, prefer
Thanks a bunch for your reply but I was wandering since I don't have the setting to turn off wireless card in BIOS, are you able to tell me what exactly i need to turn off in device manager?