Question How to disable "Secure Boot" if Secure Boot State is unsupported?

Jan 23, 2021
How to disable "Secure Boot" if Secure Boot State is unsupported? i've tried restart my pc through advance startup and click on uefi firmware settings, but even doe i click uefi firware settings and go to my bios, the secure boot option is not there. I already check the security option, boot option and all of the option that is avaible in my bios but still its nothing like secure boot option

Thanks, i hope this forum can help

Jan 23, 2021
Colorful H110M-T Plus V20, i've already tried on Colorful website, box product and go straight to bios, but still there's no Secure Boot Enabled/Disabled option

Colif

Win 11 Master
oh, this is going to be … fun. I wonder if they have a manual on their website that is in English. Nope. Not any manual there, just drivers. Only thing showing under Technical support/bios is a guide on how to update bios in dos. https://en.colorful.cn/product_show.aspx?mid=84&id=863

can you tell who makes the bios itself? most motherboard makers don't make the bios, they use another so maybe I can approach it from that angle. I hope its not some obscure brand.

I can tell its a UEFI bios so it might have secure boot. Why do you want to disable it anyway?

Colif

Win 11 Master
bsod -
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
  • copy that file to documents
  • upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  • and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
I doubt secure boot would cause a bsod.

American Megatrends is what i was after, do you know your current bios version?

Jan 23, 2021
I can tell its a UEFI bios so it might have secure boot. Why do you want to disable it anyway?
[/QUOTE]

Actually i want to use some cheat in my game and it says need to disable this for the cheat works
-Defender
-AntiVirus
-UAC
-and Disable Secure Boot
i've already disable all of that except Secure Boot, because i have no idea how to disable it and there is no option in my bios to disable it, so i assum this problem its bcoz im not disabling the secure boot

Colif

Win 11 Master
most times when your PC crashes it adds an entry to a file called memory.dmp with details of the crash. This file can get really big (over 1gb) and the person I ask to convert the dumps into a format I can read, only has slow internet, so the minidumps are only a few MB and much easier for him to download. it includes most of the info from crash.

can you look in system information (search windows for it, its the only app with the name), the BIOS version number should be on the BIOS/Date field. right under the Processor field,

Colif

Win 11 Master
Actually i want to use some cheat in my game and it says need to disable this for the cheat works
-Defender
-AntiVirus
-UAC
-and Disable Secure Boot
so cheat asks you to remove all your protections to use it... that to me sounds dangerous and not a cheat I would trust as without all that your PC could have anything loaded on it. And you wouldn't know what.

Jan 23, 2021
i think its normal for cheat ask me to disable all ( not removing ) the protection that the device have and yes i know the consequences and i do it with knowing the risk
i've already tried so many cheat that ask me to disable every protection even i need to remove the win defender and im okay with it, but until now my pc still works fine, still can boot faster, not even a single program run slowly, never crashes, and do routine check with 0 malware,
but this one is different, it need me to disabled the secure boot that i cant even disable it, because i cant find it

Jan 23, 2021
i already ask the maker or the owner of the cheat and we already try a Team Viewer and he says theres fine with all requirement to make the cheat works except the secure boot one, because i need to disable it and i dont know how

Colif

Win 11 Master
Jan 23, 2021
yea i know right it supposed to be in there but i foound nothing too.
sadly it still doesnt work for me, in my bios, in the scurity tab, theres only an option to setting up the admin password, theres nothing about secure boot
Option theres avaible in my bios is only :
-Information
-Advanced (Only for switching Legacy to Uefi the most important)
-Security (Which is only have password thing as i say)
-Boot (Only for switching order boot, usb or hardisk, so its only for booting, nothing about secure boot)
-And Overclocking
I dont know why but i think mine its kinda like limited, but i dont think that is View: https://imgur.com/a/Znnmm9l
(Securiy and Boot tab is look like this)
I thought it was because my bios mode is Legacy before so it will limited, but after i switch it to UEFI it still the same

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
you can't disable something you don't have. I have to assume that version either has it locked or it doesn't exist.
You can always contact colorful direct. They might even answer your other question about bios updates.
Possible a bios update would add menu option.

Jan 23, 2021
you can't disable something you don't have. I have to assume that version either has it locked or it doesn't exist.
You can always contact colorful direct. They might even answer your other question about bios updates.
Possible a bios update would add menu option.
ok i will try to contact them directly, btw where can i contact it, did you know?
btw thanks for all of your suggestion and solution, even doe i still doesnt have an answer, atleast i get a little knowledge so thanks once again

TRENDING THREADS