Question How to disable Unganged mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 8, 2020
Hello all! Recently, I was trying to play a game that required lots of RAM to run, so I allocated more ram to it, but it kept stopping before 8 gigabytes when I knew that I had 16 gigabytes (2 8GB sticks) of RAM. I then looked in my windows settings and it says "Installed RAM 16.0 GB (8.00 GB usable)". My task manager also shows that I have 8 GB reserved so I was looking around to try to fix it on google, and found many solutions, but none of them worked. I then looked around in my BIOS settings and found the DCT Unganged Mode was enabled, so I tried to disable it to get 16 GB of RAM, but it is greyed out like other view only options, but I should be able to change it. I looked up my motherboard (760GMA p34(FX)) and it can run 16 GB of RAM and it has dual-channel mode, so I am confused as to why I cannot change it. Please help me find a solution, thanks!

May 8, 2020
Full System Spec. Sorry its like this, it wouldn't let me insert a picture. Also, through some more research I learned that the unganged vs ganged mode does not affect how much ram I can use, so the problem is why is 8 GB of RAM reserved. I have tried unchecking my maximum memory in the msconfig, I tried no paging file, I switched my RAM cards, I took out my graphics card and It wasn't reserving it, so I'm not sure what else to try. By the way, my RAM cards are both Ballistix Sport 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM cards.

May 8, 2020
I can't seem to find the XMP memory profile in the BIOS. Resetting the RAM didn't work. Also, in my BIOS, it shows that my adjusted DRAM frequency is 1600 MHz, yet my CPU-Z only shows it as 800MHz. Does my FSM/RAM ratio have anything to do with it? Its on 1:4 and my bus speed is 200, so wouldn't that limit the RAM to 800? Also, I will test one slot, but the other slot is kind of stuck behind my cooler and I would have to remove that to remove the RAM stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.