News How to Disable VBS and Speed Up Windows 11

Oct 6, 2021
If even the registry setting does not work for you, try "bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off" in cmd as admin.

PS: If registry settings wont help, there might be an UEFI lock active. Delete secure boot keys, restart Windows and turn off the settings, then set secure boot keys.

Last edited:

waltc3

Commendable
Aug 4, 2019
I have it turned off--I wonder if just turning off SVM in the bios would accomplish the same thing...? And yes I have noticed a slight performance uplift with SVM disabled (I don't need it for anything else, atm.) I recall reading awhile back that DeviceGuard is something Microsoft has devised so that Defender and third-party AV programs can run simultaneously without tripping all over each other and generating a lot of false positives and other undesirable things. But as I'm not a big believer in running more than a single (competent) AV program simultaneously, Defender is all I need and seems to be doing a thorough job so far.

stairmand

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2009
When you install Windows 11 it askes how you would like the PC optimised. (gaming, creative etc) you would think the gaming setting would disable it automatically.

ASK THE COMMUNITY