Question How to display PC AND sound on TV

braxx20

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013
My Windows 10 PC has HDMI port as does TV.. Previous attempts to get it to work have not succeeded - Windows blue logo screen is the only thing that shows up.
HOW can I get the computer to send the images and sound from the PC's HDMI port instead of the VGA port to the TV HDMI input? The TV is not smart and has no USB port or other of the newer inputs, so the HDMI would have to be the input. Chromecast does NOT work - NOR other devices.

Dec 22, 2020
Maybe you are using Extend Mode by accident? That means your TV is acting as a second monitor instead of your main display. You should try pressing Win key (the key on your keyboard with the Windows symbol) + P key and selecting "Second screen only" to see if that solves your problem.

braxx20

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2013
I found that I could display my PC on the TV with HDMI to HDMI cable I did not do anything else BUT BIG PROBLEM. My computer screen was black. Could not get it back until I turned off computer AND unplugged the Cable and re started
I would want to display simultaneously so is there a way to arrange the displays BEFORE I connect the HDMI?

TRENDING THREADS