Question How to divide a single desktop/monitor into multiple(4) 'virtual desktops' for use as an office data display PC?

Sep 22, 2022
Hello,

Currently in my office we have a display PC that is running Dexpot to 'divide' the screen into 4 sections which Dexpot call 'virtual desktops', and they each act like their own desktop. We use this setup to display the news, and two other live data trackers relevant to our industry on displays across the office.
The problem is Dexpot has many issues and oftentimes the screens go black or freeze, and so I have to manually go into the PC and fix the issue and this is annoying as sometimes I have to do this maybe 5 times in the first few hours of the day before it sort of stabilizes for the rest of the day.
Therefore I am looking for a solution where we can divide a single desktop into 4 'tiles' with no bezels between them, and this option must be fullscreen so that the Windows taskbar is not visible. Also, for each virtual desktop, we should be able to fullscreen the content on the desktop so that there is no Windows taskbar at the bottom of the tile.
If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated as I currently do not know what to Google to find a solution, I have tried Googling virtual desktops but do not find anything.

Thanks

Ralston18

Titan
What specifically do you do to "to manually go into the PC and fix the issue "?

Could be heat related. Something just a bit loose and does not remain fully connected until warmed up and expanded thereafter.

But any cooling thereafter causes the screens go black or freeze.

= = = =

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information for the host display PC.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

Dexpot - this app?

https://www.dexpot.de/?lang=en&id=features

Where did you purchase Dexpot?

Have you contacted Dexpot support?

This:

"Dexpot has many issues and oftentimes the screens go black or freeze, "

On the host display PC run Reliability History and Event Viewer. Either one or both tools may be capturing some error codes, warnings, or event informational events just before or at the time when the screens go black or freeze.

Reliability History is much more user friendly and the time line presentation can be very revealing. Look for errors, etc. as well as patterns.

Sep 22, 2022
By "to manually go into the PC and fix the issue " I mean I use the wireless mouse and keyboard for the monitor to double click on the frozen/black tile in Dexpot and it will fullscreen that 'tile' or desktop, where the issue disappears, and then I go back to the Dexpot display all four tiles section.

Host PC is using an i5 4950s, 16gb of DDR3 ram, GT 710 gpu, a 500gb hard drive that is about 65% empty.
Yes, we use the Dexpot you have listed, and no unfortunately I do not know where we purchased it as this solution was implemented before I got here. I have not contacted Dexpot support.

I will have a look at the Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Thank you for your response.