How to do ddns setting to work behind second network. Need DVR to see remotely.

Jadihussain

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
Hi,

I live in Riyadh Saudi Arabia.

I have 3G/4G broadband connection from an ISP. They provide huawei routers.

I can configure ddns account of dyndns.com in router but it does not work. I found out that I am behind second network. My router public IP address is different then what is see on whatismyip.com website.

The ddns account is getting IP address of what I see on whatismyip.com website not the one assigned to router. Is there any work around so ddns get IP address of my router.

I need this to setup port forwarding to see CCTV cameras connected to DVR

I can easily configure this on any router directly connected to Internet.

I guess my ISP is doing this purposely.

Solution
If your router has a real routable address the ISP may be up to no good and running your web traffic though a proxy server.

Try going to
http://lookingglass.level3.net/

Choose the traceroute option and then put in the 2 different address you think you have and see what happens.

Key here will be to try the ping option from this screen and put in the ip your router thinks it has. This will show if that ip is visible to the internet.

It will depend on your router if you can use the dyndns options that let you specify the ip you want to map. Some routers are dependent on the dyndns site to discover this and if there is something like a proxy in the path your web traffic will take a different path than other traffic.

Always a...
I am going to bet you are getting a private address on your router. Many of these cell networks there is no way to make a inbound connection. Some like Verizon in the USA charge extra for a fixed public IP.
No easy solutions. You could pay for a VPN service that will give you a fixed ip.

Some vendors have valid IPv6 addresses on the wireless devices. You might be able to access that but IPv6 tends to be a little hard to make work since it is still not on all ISP. I know you can use IPv6 to access some things but I have never tried to access the IPv6 address externally

If your router has a real routable address the ISP may be up to no good and running your web traffic though a proxy server.

Try going to
http://lookingglass.level3.net/

Choose the traceroute option and then put in the 2 different address you think you have and see what happens.

Key here will be to try the ping option from this screen and put in the ip your router thinks it has. This will show if that ip is visible to the internet.

It will depend on your router if you can use the dyndns options that let you specify the ip you want to map. Some routers are dependent on the dyndns site to discover this and if there is something like a proxy in the path your web traffic will take a different path than other traffic.

Always a challenge to figure out what tricks a ISP is up to.

Solution

leoruh

Reputable
Jul 16, 2014

Hi Jadihussain, I have a similar issues in STC 3G/4G modem. your issue is solve? and how?
Thanks