[SOLVED] how to do i get all my reservers space back on my hard drive

Jun 28, 2020
hi ive got a 500gb hard drive and i cloned the c drive to to my other hard drive to get more space just so i can play mw since i think it requires to be on the c drive. anyway after cloning it made my storage the same on the other hard drive. is there anyway to get all my storage space. im kinda lost on what to do next just need some help thx

Solution
hi ive got a 500gb hard drive and i cloned the c drive to to my other hard drive to get more space just so i can play mw since i think it requires to be on the c drive. anyway after cloning it made my storage the same on the other hard drive. is there anyway to get all my storage space. im kinda lost on what to do next just need some help thx
If you cloned it using a software clone type command and specified the other HDD (your storage drive) as the target and not just a partition on that drive it probably did what you asked. By cloning it that way it may have just overwritten the drive and left a large unused partition -- take a look in disk management to see if that is the case.

If there is a large unpartioned space...

RealBeast

Titan
If you cloned it using a software clone type command and specified the other HDD (your storage drive) as the target and not just a partition on that drive it probably did what you asked. By cloning it that way it may have just overwritten the drive and left a large unused partition -- take a look in disk management to see if that is the case.

If there is a large unpartioned space (probably a black bar in disk management) you should be able to partition it to use it for storage. If there is only a 500GB partition and nothing else shows up then you may need to unpartition the storage drive to get all the space back.

In the future you might want to use the free version of Macrium Reflect, and use a backup option instead of a cloning.

Solution
Look into an external hdd and start moving "important documents/files" you use constantly.
Then you need to look at getting rid of somethings you don't use anymore.
Some steam games chew through alot of hard drive space so be mindful of this.

This Modern warefare title wants 15% of your hard drive space:

Here are the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare System Requirements (Minimum)
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 or AMD FX-6350 Six core
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • OS: Windows 7 64-Bit (SP1) or Windows 10 64-Bit (1709 or later)
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 or AMD Radeon HD 7950
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.0
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.0
  • SOUND CARD: Yes
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 175 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB
Source: https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/call-of-duty-modern-warfare/18809