How to Downgrade from New Windows 10 to 8.1 or 7

Talal_Hashim

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
I am planning on buying the acer aspire e5-573g for light gaming/ light productivity becuz of the amazing price. One thing that i dindt like was that it is running windows 10 which i heard has some bugs, so I want to downgrade to windows 7 or 8.1 for free.

I do know hiw to downgrade but can I downgrade from 10 to 7 or 8.1 for free? If its not possible then I understand and I will proceed to buy a cd.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
This would be the easiest way to revert:

Boot up in Windows 10, go to the start menu then select settings. Click on the update and security icon and then select recovery.
You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.
If it’s been over a month — or if you’ve run the Disk cleanup tool and removed the “Previous Windows installations” files or deleted the C:\Windows.old folder by hand — you’ll no longer see this option. Windows 10 appears to automatically remove the old Windows installation files after a month to free up space.
to downgrade just simply wipe your HDD os's partition and install win 8.1 or 7 via installation CD or Bootable USB
for win 8.1 based on my experience, downgrading 10 to 8.1 doesn't make you lost your productkey and your activation status.
On fact, your productkey is stored on your UEFI bios. Just simply reactivate it.

ChaoticWolf

Honorable
This would be the easiest way to revert:

Boot up in Windows 10, go to the start menu then select settings. Click on the update and security icon and then select recovery.
You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install. Microsoft will ask you why you want to go back.
If it’s been over a month — or if you’ve run the Disk cleanup tool and removed the “Previous Windows installations” files or deleted the C:\Windows.old folder by hand — you’ll no longer see this option. Windows 10 appears to automatically remove the old Windows installation files after a month to free up space.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS