Question How to download google sheet to memory drive

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

billybronco

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
Hello, every time I try to download a google sheet document it downloads to a "XLSX" file then when I try to open it it always try to open in workpad, which in-turn ends up just garbled. I wold like to save some google sheets documents on a memory stick. I have tried the basic stuff.

billybronco

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
Why would you want to delete your Files from the cloud? That’s a good place to back them up

The reason I would want NOT to have my personal data in the cloud is a security issue. Too many data breaches these days, tell me one cloud storage place that has not been hacked. I was going to use a password keeper on my phone - hacked. Google has been hacked everybody hacked.

billybronco

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
"Delete files off LibreOffice"

Entirely unsure what you mean by this. You don't delete files from an application.
You delete them from whatever drive they are saved on.

And you have to save it somewhere else before you delete it.

I only want to delete my personal files and not have them on my computer and stored someplace else in case I get hacked.

Okay I got everything working the way I want and I thank everyone for there help. I actually find LibreOfficeto be very cool the short time I have played with it.
So my goal is to get all personal data off my computer and off the cloud. So tell me if I'm missing anything.

Files deleted of any cloud storage
Files deleted off computer hard drive
Clear download folder
Delete files off LibreOffice
Save files on memory stick

Did I miss anything?

Not sure what your goal is, you don't want your files sitting on a memory stick as the only location, that is just asking for trouble when the memory stick fails.

A memory stick should only be used for temporary storage of files that are moved between systems or for playing files off a media system or something, when you have other backups of the files.

And the way you wrote out the instructions are backwards if you did want to do this for some reason despite it being a bad idea. You save the files first then delete them from the original. Which is, again, a bad idea.

billybronco

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
Thanks for your advice, I know a memory stick can fail even though its never happened to me in 20 years. I have my data backed up on two sticks and printed it, stored in a lock box. I no longer want my stuff in the cloud, every day someone is being hacked, just trying to do what I can to stay safe.