[SOLVED] How to download/ save my own website

Status
Not open for further replies.

nites2k

Reputable
Sep 26, 2017
Not sure where to have posted this or if peps in the forum follow web design but basically I can no longer afford my site. I want to keep it dearly but I cannot pay. I am a noob at this stuff but I want to download/ save the site so that when I can host I can just re-upload its contents. Preferably with out having to edit much, but I am not sure if that is possible. I just want to save as much stuff as possible without having to edit and build again.

I would just like someone to tell me as a noob how I could do it. I have heard that HATTrack and Wget are popular choices? But with either one I was hoping to find someone that can explain what to do exactly so I do not make a mistake! Do those programs save templates as well?I would really appreciate any ideas, comments, or suggestions as my domain will be ending soon!

Solution
login to bluehost and and see where to download the source.
while you can download them like from all these tool. is doesn't download the actual backend code, just what user see on the browser

nites2k

Reputable
Sep 26, 2017
who hosting it? just static page or ???

if it is your site, why don't you have access to the source?

Bluehost is the host

I have access to my website but my quest is currently learning how to preserve it so I can upload it later when I have money to buy another domain. I am guessing you are asking about the source because of the two programs I mentioned. I do not know too much about them, just that someone mentioned it as a possible tool for saving all the contents in the website. Beyond that I know nothing

Apr 20, 2021
To download websites, the hosting provider provides to the owner of the website all the features the websites with to download the source code of your website.
Bluehost, Hostgator, Goddady, and others are the most popular hosting service provider. They all give access to the owner of the website to check the source code of your website.
If you are facing issues with your hosting service provider then you can change your provider.

nites2k

Reputable
Sep 26, 2017
To download websites, the hosting provider provides to the owner of the website all the features the websites with to download the source code of your website.
Bluehost, Hostgator, Goddady, and others are the most popular hosting service provider. They all give access to the owner of the website to check the source code of your website.
If you are facing issues with your hosting service provider then you can change your provider.

Yea was not a fan of bluehost, the support was either there or not. Very determined to make sells and constantly upselling.

Status
Not open for further replies.