How to Duplicate 144hz Monitor Without Tearing

Zeikai

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Hi there, I recently got an Acer Predator XB271H running at 1080p 144hz and I'm trying to duplicate the display to my 1080p 60hz TV but no matter what I do I get awful screen tearing on the 60hz TV, the monitor never tears.

My setup is the Acer as my main monitor with another cheap second monitor, and then my couch is on the other side of the room with my TV running to my computer, I would duplicate the display before so I can choose to either be sitting in my chair or at my couch and still do the same thing.

I tried working with just extended view but theres so many quality of life problems with it that I really need to figure out how to duplicate it.

If theres any kind of solution at all for this I would love to try it, I'm even open to alternative ways duplicate the display as long as the TV does not tear.

Kollosso

Honorable
Jan 20, 2015
You should try forcing your output to a 60hz signal, this might fix the tearing.
This can be done in the control panel, display settings (depending on your OS, easy to find on Google if you don't know how to change it)

Zeikai

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012

Locking it at 60hz isn't a problem, but then it defeats the point of a high refresh rate gaming monitor. :(

Kollosso

Honorable
Jan 20, 2015

Well you only have to lock it as long as you work on your TV. Switching between These two settings is a quick and easy method, until someone comes up with a better idea. If you don't want to switch all the time, you might be able to use 120hz, so your TV will pick up every 2nd frame. This should be better then 144hz i think.

Zeikai

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012

So I went to lock it at 60fps just as a temporary measure, and I was getting screen tearing still, despite vsync being forced on in nvidia control panel. Did some google searching and thought that the hdmi and display port difference might be messing with it, whichever screened I cloned as the source the other would get tearing. So I switched to hdmi in both and no more tearing at all. So unless theres some reason I'm missing as to why vsync isn't allowed to be on 2 different display inputs, I'll have to buy display port splitter so it won't tear.

TRENDING THREADS