How to edit an audio file from a video

SENOR BURTOS

Notable
Apr 23, 2017
I am using nvidia shadowplay and there is a buzzing noise in the audio I want to surpress it but I don't know how to extract the audio file from the video and then put the edited audio file back on the video

or do you recommend me to use another recording software?

Solution
Happened to me as well once or twice,no idea what causes this.
Avidemux allows you to select the audio track and save it as a file,so that you can then edit it with audacity, it also allows you to replace the original audio with the edited version,all this without having to demux the whole video into all of it's parts it just saves the audio only.
The problem for me was that one of the stereo channels was only buzzing so I turned the other track into a fake(joint) stereo file and used that.
You need to demux (de-multiplex) the movie file. Movie files are actually just containers, which hold a separate video file, audio file(s), subtitle file(s), chapter index, etc. A demuxing program will split it apart into the separate components so you can edit them independently. Then you can mux them back together into a single movie file.

Which muxing/demuxing program you can use depends on the movie file format. I recommend you search on the videohelp site for suggestions, tutorials, and software.

https://www.videohelp.com/software

Edit: Also, buzzing is usually caused by an AC ground loop, or your cables lying too close to an AC adapter and picking up interference. There are a variety of ground loop suppression strategies, but the simplest is to make sure all your equipment is plugged into the same AC outlet - use a power strip if necessary. The fix for a cable lying too close to an AC adapter is obvious. But if that doesn't take care of the problem, you can try adding RF chokes to your audio cables to reduce their effectiveness as an antenna for RF noise.

https://www.amazon.com/stardrift-10-Pack-Diameter-Ferrite-Suppressor/dp/B015RAZTIA

SENOR BURTOS

Notable
Apr 23, 2017

thank you, I am using audacity is that OK?

It's an MP4 file

or do you know what settings to use for the mic on windows 10?

Happened to me as well once or twice,no idea what causes this.
Avidemux allows you to select the audio track and save it as a file,so that you can then edit it with audacity, it also allows you to replace the original audio with the edited version,all this without having to demux the whole video into all of it's parts it just saves the audio only.
The problem for me was that one of the stereo channels was only buzzing so I turned the other track into a fake(joint) stereo file and used that.

Solution